Planned with a Purpose
Rocking K’s first phase offers 811 homes with KB Home, Pulte, Lennar and Richmond American Homes providing home buyers a diversity of home choices in 4 distinct neighborhoods.
Rocking K is developed with a dedication toward enhancing the sense of place that makes the Rincon Valley and Vail community so special. This is a technology-enabled community that embraces and respects natural open spaces and active outdoor lifestyles.
- Aqua Design: Water Park
- Architectural Visions: Design Guidelines
- CCMC: HOA Management
- GEO & Associates: Marketing, Branding
- Greey-Pickett: Land Planning, Landscape Architecture
- Novak Environmental: Native Plant & Environmental Resources
- Psomas: Civil Engineering, Land Survey, Traffic Engineering, Hydrology
- Tierra Right of Way: Cultural Resources
- Westland Resources: Engineering—Spanish Trail Water Company
- Biskind, Hunt & Semro: Builder Sales
- CFD: Bond Consultant
- Fennemore Craig: Water & 404 Permitting
- Gallagher & Kennedy: Development Agreement & CFD
- Larry Robertson: Water
- Snell & Wilmer: HOA & CCR’s
- Grazing: Chris Elias
- Greater Vail Chamber of Commerce
- Heirloom Farmers Market/Rincon Valley Farmers & Artisans Market
- Pima County Administrator’s Office
- Pima County Board of Supervisors
- Pima County Department of Environmental Quality
- Pima County Department of Transportation
- Pima County Development Services
- Pima County Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation
- Pima County Office of Conservation and Sustainability
- Pima County Regional Flood Control District
- Pima County Supervisor District 4 – Steve Christy
- Rocking K Market: Harold Busboom
- Rocking K Ranch and Stables:
- Southeast Regional Coordinating Council
- The Rincon Institute
- Vail Preservation Society
- Vail School Foundation
- Vail Unified School District
- Achilles Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing
- Aqua Design
- Brightview Landscaping
- Center Valley Landscape
- CMG Drainage Engineering
- Custom Saw Cuts
- Dirty Paws Productions
- Foley Tile
- Lloyd Construction
- Orta Fence
- Royce Masonry
- Santa Rita Landscaping
- Smyth Industries
Connecting to nature and enjoying the “great outdoors” is the inspiration for the community’s unique features and amenities. The Rocking K master-planned community is designed by nature and integrates new homes and neighborhoods with generous areas of natural open space, native arid plants in landscaped streets and a network of connecting sidewalks, paths and trails.
Time spent within nature is valuable in today’s multi-tasking, busy, indoor, digital world. Rocking K is designed to make connecting with nature easy and to encourage residents to enjoy the outdoors. Residents are able to enjoy current hobbies and also try new activities. Within the first phase of Rocking K there is the 20-acre Diamond Community Park, with turf soccer fields, basketball and pickle ball courts, a zip line and innovative playscapes. ‘Little Arizona’ is a splash pad within the park, which illustrates the rivers and mountain ranges of the State. Within minutes of Rocking K are thousands of accessible acres of county, state and national parks available to explore.
VUSD & Education
The Vail Unified School District is one of the top-ranked in the state of Arizona and is nationally recognized for its innovative and effective instruction. VUSD’s motto and mission statement define the learning culture: ‘Where Education is a Community Effort’. Ocotillo Ridge Elementary, Vail Middle School and an open enrollment program for high school will serve Rocking K. A future K-8 VUSD school is planned within Rocking K. After high school, Pima Community College and the University of Arizona are two high quality options.
The Nature of
Technology is ever-changing. Today’s quality of life is supported by technology. Rocking K provides both hard-wired and wireless technology in the community and within the home. In addition, opportunities to enhance and expand technology within Rocking K is an ongoing priority. Rocking K is served by today’s technology, as well as being technology-enabled and poised to adapt and adopt the latest in digital innovation.
Connectivity and Convenience
While Rocking K offers abundant healthy living and access to the outdoors within a quality, suburban master-planned community; convenience and connectivity are important Rocking K’s values. Working from home provides the ultimate connection and convenience for Rocking K residents. But Rocking K is convenient to Tucson’s metro area via Valencia Road, a new major roadway which provides a short trip into southeast Tucson. SE Tucson is a regional growth area and home to many of major employers, retail, and professional and healthcare service providers.
Rocking K embodies major elements of sustainable environmental, social and economic community design. Many of the lots within neighborhoods are oriented to take advantage of passive solar. Each home has a weekly recycling service. Pima County is a national leader in environmental sustainability with the Sonoran Desert Conservation Plan and the protection of natural habitat. Neighborhoods within Rocking K feature low-water use, low maintenance xeriscape landscapes. Homes and neighborhoods are connected with multi-use paths which encourage walking and biking. Builders in Rocking K provide Energy Star Homes and many smart and green home features are offered in every house plan.
This is Rocking K
Rocking K is Tucson’s premier new master-planned home community located at the base of the Rincon Mountain Foothills in Vail, Arizona. Arizona-inspired homes in a high Sonoran desert setting. This is Rocking K.
MILES OF INTERNAL &
AND STATE PARKS
This is Rocking K
- In Vail, a Census Designated Place, is a bedroom community of Tucson, and part of the Tucson MSA with a 1 million population +
- Median Household Income in Vail is $94K +, Vail Average Household Income $117K
- Vail’s annual growth rate for the last decade is 3.0%
- The Tucson MSA is encircled by 5 mountain ranges.
- There are 286 days of sunshine and Tucson is nationally top-ranked when it comes to clean air.
- The Tucson region one of America’s top bike-friendly areas in the U.S.
- Tucson is home to the University of Arizona, founded in 1885 and ranked among the top 100 universities in the U.S.
- Arizona is known for entrepreneurship and is one of the top-10 states in the country to start a business.
- Arizona has a 40% higher job growth rate in the technology sector than the U.S. overall.
- The patent rate in Tucson per capita of workers exceeds that of Arizona and the nation and ranks among the highest among western states.
- Sunny coastal beaches and mountain ski lodges are short 4-6 hour drives from Tucson.
- Tucson is known as the “Astronomy Capital of the World” with unparalleled night skies.
- Tucson is known for its indigenous, creative food culture. Tucson was the first U.S. city designated as a UNESCO (United Nations’ Education, Science and Culture Organization) City of Gastronomy,
- The first phase of Rocking K includes Pulte, Lennar, KB Home and Richmond American and there are more builders to come.
- Rocking K Homes have larger back yards than those in typical subdivisions, and 2/3rds of the homes back up onto natural open space.
- In the first phase, builders are offering 35 different single story and two-story homes from 1,400 to 3,800 sq. ft., something for every age and stage of life and budget.
- Multi-use sidewalks, paths and trails are the basis of connecting neighborhoods within Rocking K. In the first phase there are more than 10+ miles of trails being constructed.
- Vail is located within Pima County, the home of numerous County, State and National Parks and attractions.
- Within Rocking K, neighborhoods and homes are located within the more than 30% designated and protected natural desert open space.
- The Rincon Valley and Rocking K are located in the Sonoran desert, the native home to the saguaro cactus species, Carnegiea gigantea. The saguaro can grow over 40’ feet tall and live more than 150 years. It is protected in Arizona under the Native Plant Protection Act.