What We Value
At Rocking K, we’re creating a community where generations of families will be proud to call this mountain foothills community home.
The founders’ original intention of creating a high Sonoran desert community is now a reality.
Read on to learn more about Rocking K’s community values.
Living close to nature is the foundation of Rocking K community design. Locally quarried stone, native landscapes, riparian green belts and wildlife corridors are integrated into neighborhoods. The Rincon Mountains with unobstructed sunsets and night skies dominate the views. There is more than 30% natural undisturbed open space protected throughout community. The Rincon Valley is known for its ecotourism and world-class outdoor attractions. At Rocking K, nature is near.
Rocking K encourages residents to spend time outside, within the community and throughout the Rincon Valley. Just outside homes are trails for walking and biking that connect residents to the community’s 20-acre Diamond Community Park which includes soccer fields, basketball and pickle ball courts and innovative playscapes. Visit “Little Arizona” the Park’s splash pad that pays tribute to the State’s mountains and rivers. Saguaro National Park, Colossal Cave Mountain Park and the planned Bike Ranch Resort are just minutes away along Old Spanish Trail.
The Vail Unified School District is nationally recognized and one of the top-ranked districts in the State for its success in innovative educational instruction and track record of student outcomes. Ocotillo Ridge Elementary and Old Vail Middle School will serve Rocking K students until the planned on-site K-8 is built within Rocking K. Rocking K students can choose to attend any one of six high schools in VUSD. The new Mica Mountain High School opened in 2020. It is located a short distance from Rocking K along the new Valencia Rd. extension. Pima Community College and University of Arizona provide a variety of secondary education options.
Rocking K is an ideal location for working remotely with fiber to each home. Connecting with the region’s major employers, retailers and service providers is easy via the newly constructed 3-mile Valencia Rd. connection. Downtown Tucson, the University of Arizona and the Tucson International Airport are minutes away. Two new SE regional hospitals are under construction. Houghton Rd. is a major business, retail and service corridor. Conveniently, the Rincon Valley has a variety of neighborhood grocery stores and restaurants which offer outdoor dining, easy pick-up and delivery.
Integrating new concepts and best practices in community design has been key to the Rocking K master-plan. Master developer, Diamond Ventures, Inc., Rocking K homebuilders and the extensive Rocking K team of professional consultants have evaluated options for communication technology, reduced and renewable energy, sustainable and green building design, water conscious landscapes, air quality and walkable neighborhoods. Each phase of Rocking K is an opportunity to create a more socially, environmentally and economically sustainable community.
This is Rocking K
Rocking K is Tucson’s premier new master-planned home community located at the base of the Rincon Mountain Foothills in Vail, Arizona. Arizona-inspired homes in a high Sonoran desert setting. This is Rocking K.
HIGHER JOB GROWTH RATE IN
THE TECHNOLOGY SECTOR
VAIL’S ANNUAL GROWTH
RATE FOR THE LAST DECADE
What our Residents Say
I love all the family activities and the kind neighbors.
Merwyn & Cynthia P.
We love the all-inclusive community and wanted a safe neighborhood for our kids to grow up in.
We absolutely love how peaceful and gorgeous the nights are. The mountains and views can’t be beat. We also love getting to know our neighbors and joining in our community events.
We love where we live because of all the nice neighbors we have and all the kids in the neighborhood.
Johnathon, Victoria and Ryan L.
We love living here for the neighbors, new friends, and the sense of living in our own little Town. Our home, community, and memories that we are making are dreams come true.
Marcus and Brittany C.
We absolutely love this community and the beautiful people around. This is the best HOA we have ever been a part of. Keep up the good work.
We love how quiet it is out here. It is so peaceful also how dark it is at night and how you can see the stars. We love living here and think it’s a great community.
Rocking K is beautiful and is a very friendly community! Friendly neighbors…. great activities…and it FEELS like home!
Philip & Marah B.
We love the sense of community that we have created here. Everyone is here to help each other out when needed. The kids all play together and get to run around outside and enjoy the park. This has been the best decisions to move here after living in another neighborhood in town. Nothing can compare with how kind everyone is to each other. The natural landscaping and mountain views are also very breathtaking!
I just signed a contract to purchase a home in Rocking K. What I love most about the community is that they are located near the Rincon Mountains which offer a beautiful view. The community is well planned with greenery and parks. Also, the community has a youthful feel with the parks, slides, trails and tennis courts. The amount of activity that is available lends to an active lifestyle which I think most Vail citizens seek.
I love it here because it is beautiful and quiet and after being stationed all over the country, I can honestly say the people here are genuinely the kindest.
CATCH UP ON WHAT’S HAPPENING AROUND HERE
Rocking K News and Events
Find out all the latest news and notes on Rocking K right here. Stay in the know about our progress as Rocking K grows, as the community takes shape, and with all upcoming events. Click the articles below to find out more.
This is Rocking K
- In Vail, a Census Designated Place, is a bedroom community of Tucson, and part of the Tucson MSA with a 1 million population +
- Median Household Income in Vail is $94K +, Vail Average Household Income $117K
- Vail’s annual growth rate for the last decade is 3.0%
- The Tucson MSA is encircled by 5 mountain ranges.
- There are 286 days of sunshine and Tucson is nationally top-ranked when it comes to clean air.
- The Tucson region one of America’s top bike-friendly areas in the U.S.
- Tucson is home to the University of Arizona, founded in 1885 and ranked among the top 100 universities in the U.S.
- Arizona is known for entrepreneurship and is one of the top-10 states in the country to start a business.
- Arizona has a 40% higher job growth rate in the technology sector than the U.S. overall.
- The patent rate in Tucson per capita of workers exceeds that of Arizona and the nation and ranks among the highest among western states.
- Sunny coastal beaches and mountain ski lodges are short 4-6 hour drives from Tucson.
- Tucson is known as the “Astronomy Capital of the World” with unparalleled night skies.
- Tucson is known for its indigenous, creative food culture. Tucson was the first U.S. city designated as a UNESCO (United Nations’ Education, Science and Culture Organization) City of Gastronomy,
- The first phase of Rocking K includes Pulte, Lennar, KB Home and Richmond American and there are more builders to come.
- Rocking K Homes have larger back yards than those in typical subdivisions, and 2/3rds of the homes back up onto natural open space.
- In the first phase, builders are offering 35 different single story and two-story homes from 1,400 to 3,800 sq. ft., something for every age and stage of life and budget.
- Multi-use sidewalks, paths and trails are the basis of connecting neighborhoods within Rocking K. In the first phase there are more than 10+ miles of trails being constructed.
- Vail is located within Pima County, the home of numerous County, State and National Parks and attractions.
- Within Rocking K, neighborhoods and homes are located within the more than 30% designated and protected natural desert open space.
- The Rincon Valley and Rocking K are located in the Sonoran desert, the native home to the saguaro cactus species, Carnegiea gigantea. The saguaro can grow over 40’ feet tall and live more than 150 years. It is protected in Arizona under the Native Plant Protection Act.