Entering Rocking K Community off of Rocking K Ranch Loop Road, there are four neighborhoods in the first phase, each having its own homebuilder and sense of place. Natural desert greenbelts provide open space corridors within each neighborhood. Homes in Rocking K have larger backyards and the majority of the lots abut natural open space. Access throughout the community and connection to Diamond Community Park is through a network of sidewalks, paths and trails.
Today, when it is possible to work from anywhere, choosing the right location in key. Rocking K is an outstanding choice: located within the high Sonoran Desert, positioned at the base of the picturesque Rincon Mountains, next to Saguaro National Park, within the community of Vail and the award-winning Vail School District. Rocking K is part of the Tucson metropolitan area, convenient to Phoenix, the 5th largest city in the U.S. From Rocking K’s location in southern Arizona, it is a short trip to coastal beaches, mountain ski lodges and iconic destinations of the western U.S.
The Vail Unified School District is widely recognized as a lighthouse district leading in effective instruction and innovation. Vail’s motto and mission statement clearly define the culture: “Where Education is a Community Effort.” Once a one-room schoolhouse, Vail is now a District that offers 20 schools, all with that same commitment to student success, connection to community and dedication to quality education. And Rocking K will be the future home to a K-8 on-site Vail Unified School District school. https://www.vailschooldistrict.org
Services and Retail
Only a few minutes away from Houghton Town Center, www.houghtontowncenter.com, and the Houghton Rd. business corridor, residents of Rocking K can conveniently find stores, shops and businesses. Two new hospitals are under construction; Northwest Healthcare is building a new hospital at the corner of Old Spanish Trail and Houghton Rd. and Tucson Medical Center is building a new hospital at Drexel and Houghton Rd. Rocking K can easily access downtown Tucson with shops, restaurants and more. And several local small boutique businesses are close to Rocking K.
Working remotely is more possible and preferred than ever. Rocking K is also close to many of the Tucson region’s employers. A new 3-mile extension of Valencia Rd., a regional roadway was constructed in 2020 provides a direct connection between the Rincon Valley and Tucson’s growing southeast employment, centers. https://www.suncorridorinc.com . https://www.zippia.comhttps://greatervailchamber.com
Rocking K Homeowners’ Association
At Rocking K, the homeowners’ association is a valuable resource for residents. The HOA manages the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the community, provides lifestyle programs, and communicates important news and events. AAM is the HOA management company for Rocking K. AAM works in partnership with the developer, homeowners, builders and contractors to preserve the community’s integrity and enhance the quality of Rocking K living for all residents. In addition to providing professional management services to the Rocking K homeowners association, AAM builds community by bringing people together and engaging with our residents. The 2022 base HOA dues for Rocking K are $60 per month.
Check out what Rocking K is all about, told in pictures, with some of the latest happenings in and around Rocking K.
Things to Do
Considering relocating, new to Tucson? Rocking K in Vail offers a beautiful mountain foothills location, an active outdoor lifestyle, quality education, convenient connections to what matters, and a commitment to today and tomorrow’s innovations in technology. www.visittucson.org. #thisistucson.
This is Rocking K
Rocking K is Tucson’s premier new master-planned home community located at the base of the breathtaking Rincon Mountain Foothills in Vail, Arizona. Arizona-inspired homes in an awe-inspiring southwest location. This is Rocking K.
MILES OF INTERNAL &
AND STATE PARKS
This is Rocking K
- In Vail, a Census Designated Place, is a bedroom community of Tucson, and part of the Tucson MSA with a 1 million population +
- Median Household Income in Vail is $94K +, Vail Average Household Income $117K
- Vail’s annual growth rate for the last decade is 3.0%
- The Tucson MSA is encircled by 5 mountain ranges.
- There are 286 days of sunshine and Tucson is nationally top-ranked when it comes to clean air.
- The Tucson region one of America’s top bike-friendly areas in the U.S.
- Tucson is home to the University of Arizona, founded in 1885 and ranked among the top 100 universities in the U.S.
- Arizona is known for entrepreneurship and is one of the top-10 states in the country to start a business.
- Arizona has a 40% higher job growth rate in the technology sector than the U.S. overall.
- The patent rate in Tucson per capita of workers exceeds that of Arizona and the nation and ranks among the highest among western states.
- Sunny coastal beaches and mountain ski lodges are short 4-6 hour drives from Tucson.
- Tucson is known as the “Astronomy Capital of the World” with unparalleled night skies.
- Tucson is known for its indigenous, creative food culture. Tucson was the first U.S. city designated as a UNESCO (United Nations’ Education, Science and Culture Organization) City of Gastronomy,
- The first phase of Rocking K includes Pulte, Lennar, KB Home and Richmond American and there are more builders to come.
- Rocking K Homes have larger back yards than those in typical subdivisions, and 2/3rds of the homes back up onto natural open space.
- In the first phase, builders are offering 35 different single story and two-story homes from 1,400 to 3,800 sq. ft., something for every age and stage of life and budget.
- Multi-use sidewalks, paths and trails are the basis of connecting neighborhoods within Rocking K. In the first phase there are more than 10+ miles of trails being constructed.
- Vail is located within Pima County, the home of numerous County, State and National Parks and attractions.
- Within Rocking K, neighborhoods and homes are located within the more than 30% designated and protected natural desert open space.
- The Rincon Valley and Rocking K are located in the Sonoran desert, the native home to the saguaro cactus species, Carnegiea gigantea. The saguaro can grow over 40’ feet tall and live more than 150 years. It is protected in Arizona under the Native Plant Protection Act.